Last fall during our Telluride Regional Trails System Vision Survey we asked you where you thought trail improvements needed to be made in our trails system. And we heard you, our trails need improvements! We are now seeking to understand exactly where, and exactly what trail improvements need to be made.
We need your help again!
Now we need your help understanding which specific portions of these trails you would like to see improvements and what those improvements are. Say for example you think there are portions of the Prospect trail that need improvements. We want to hear where they are (example: the Prospect Creek crossing on Prospect Trail) and what they are (example: a bridge needs to be built for bike crossing *this is just an example). If you have thoughts on the matter, please send an email to email@example.com with email subject: Trail Improvements. You may also leave your thoughts below in the comments.
Below is the question we asked in our fall survey and the corresponding survey results. Help us by pinpointing what improvements need to be made, and where they should be.
If you would like to see existing trails maintained and/or improved, what areas would you prioritize? Survey Results:
- 47% – Mountain Village, Ski Area, Prospect, Village Trail, Jurassic
- 36% – Prospect to Alta, Sunshine (T-35)
- 34% – High Country: Bridal Veil, Upper Bear Creek, Ajax, Silver Lake, Sheridan Crosscut, Silver Pick Basin, Lizard Head, etc.
- 28% – Telluride Valley Floor/Bike Path
- 26% – Deep Creek, Eider Creek, Mill Creek
- 22% – Bear Creek, Jud Wiebe
- 16% – Lizard Head Wilderness
- 16% – Sneffels Highline, Whipple Mountain, Alder Creek Trail
- 16% – Sunshine/Wilson Mesa
- 11% – Mountain Village Bike Park
- 10% – River Road, Ilium to Sawpit
- 9% – Galloping Goose
- 6% – Norwood
- Other: Cornet Creek should be stabilized, Keystone Gorge, Trail 200, Bilk Creek Trail, Jurassic to Meadows
We really appreciate your help and look forward to unveiling our trails plan and priority list soon!