Telluride Trail Work Days & TMtC Events
Our 2022 summer events calendar is a work in progress. Check back often for updates!
Outdoor Gear Drive
- Gear Collection: May 20 & 21 at Carhenge Parking lot from 10am to 2pm
- Gear Distribution: June 5th in Telluride Town Park from 12 to 3pm & June 6 & 7 at location TBD from time TBD
2022 Summer Trail Work Days
When joining a trail work day, please bring your own snacks, lunch, sunscreen, hat, plenty of water, and work gloves! Volunteers should wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. Volunteers need to wear a helmet, if you don’t want to wear the USFS helmet, bring your climbing or mountain bike helmet. You will be required to sign a waiver prior to performing any trail maintenance.
June 22 from 4pm to 6:30pm – Eider to Mill Connector
Meeting time/location: 4pm at the bottom of Mill Creek Road (for shuttle/carpool) or 4:15pm at the parking area near water treatment plant/trailhead for Mill Creek Trail.
Please walk, ride your bike, or carpool to Mill Creek trailhead, OR meet us at the bottom of the road to shuttle/carpool up!
June 25 from 10am to 1pm – Eider to Mill Connector
Meeting time/location: 10am at the parking area near the water treatment plant/trailhead for Mill Creek/Waterline Trail (where Mill Creek Road intersects with the Mill Creek/Waterline/Deep Creek Trail). Walk, ride your bike, or carpool to Mill Creek trailhead.
We will be doing finishing work on the new trail which includes many options from light to hard work. Please wear sturdy, closed toe shoes or boots, long pants, and sun protection. Please bring work gloves, water, and snacks. We will work for roughly two and a half hours.
July 19 from 4pm to 6:30pm – T-35/Sunshine Trail
Meeting location: 4pm at the bottom of the T-35/Sunshine Trail.
After work BBQ and beverages Sponsored by BootDoctors!
TMtC Summer BBQ Membership Event
THE event of the summer! We can’t wait to see you in Telluride Town Park on Thursday, July 28th. We will have food, drinks and music. BUY TICKETS HERE (last year’s event sold out so we recommend buying today). Learn more about this event here: https://www.telluridemountainclub.org/tmtc-summer-bbq-membership-drive/.
- Thursday, July 28 | 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
2021 Summer Events
Trail & Community Cleanup Weekends
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for our community-wide cleanup weekends. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs a little love.
- June 18-20
- July 9-11
- July 30-August 1
- August 6-8
- August 21 – Mountain Village Cleanup Day
2020 Summer Events
Thursday, August 6 through Sunday, August 9
Community-Wide Trail Cleanup Weekend
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for a community-wide cleanup weekend. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs trash pickup and cleaning.
Trash bag and rubber glove pickup:
Thursday through Sunday at the visitor’s center, 9 AM to 5 PM (236 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435)
Friday at the farmers market, 10:30 AM to 3 PM
- Trash can be dumped at the dumpster provided on the south side of Elk’s Park.
- Tag your photos with #keeptellurideclean
- COVID Guidelines:
- Wear a mask
- Use rubber gloves when picking up other people’s trash
- Maintain social distancing with others on the trail
- Don’t put yourself in unnecessary harm or health dangers to pick up trash
Friday, July 17 – Jud Wiebe Trail
- Meet: 9 AM at the top of Oak Street at the junction of Tomboy Road
- Work: Trail bed work on the east side switchbacks of Jud Wiebe Trail
- Please bring your own snacks, lunch, sunscreen, hat, plenty of water, work gloves and rain gear!
- Volunteers need to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. Volunteers need to wear a helmet, if you don’t want to wear the USFS helmet, bring your climbing or mountain bike helmet.
- You will be required to sign a waiver prior to trail work.
- COVID protocols: please bring your own mask and your own hand sanitizer! We will work in socially distant groups of ten people or less. Please be prepared to wear your mask. Please do not join trail work if you are sick, experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
Public Trust Film Virtual Screening – FREE
Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20
- September 18, 2020 @ 9:00AM — September 20, 2020 @ 10:00PM
- RSVP at https://telluridemountainclub.networkforgood.com/events/23349-tmtc-s-virtual-public-trust-film-screening
- Join TMtC for a virtual screening of Public Trust film! This film explores how our public lands are facing unprecedented threats from extractive industries. Part love letter, part political exposé, PUBLIC TRUST investigates how we arrived at this precarious moment through the examination of three beloved public lands that are particularly at risk—a national monument in the Utah desert, a mine in the Boundary Waters and oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge—and makes a case for their continued protection.
- RSVP for this free event to receive the screening room URL and password. RSVP here.