Telluride Trail Workdays & Other TMtC Events
Our 2021 summer events calendar is a work in progress. Check back often for updates!
TMtC Summer BBQ Membership Event
THE event of the summer is back! We can’t wait to see your smiling faces in Telluride Town Park on Thursday, July 29th. We will have food, drinks and live music by Trico. More details coming soon!
- Thursday, July 29
- 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Trail & Community Cleanup Weekends
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for our community-wide cleanup weekends. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs a little love.
- June 18-20
- July 9-11
- July 30-August 1
- August 6-8
- August 21 – Mountain Village Cleanup Day
Trash bag and rubber glove pickup:
Fridays at the Telluride Farmers Market: 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM (on the Fridays of cleanup weekends: June 18, July 9, July 30, August 6);
Thursday through Sunday at the Visitor’s Center, 10 AM to 5 PM (236 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435);
Select Wednesdays at the Mountain Village Farmers Market: July 7, August 18
Trash can be dumped at the dumpster provided on the south side of Elk’s Park.
Tag your photos with #keeptellurideclean
2020 Summer Events
Thursday, August 6 through Sunday, August 9
Community-Wide Trail Cleanup Weekend
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for a community-wide cleanup weekend. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs trash pickup and cleaning.
Trash bag and rubber glove pickup:
Thursday through Sunday at the visitor’s center, 9 AM to 5 PM (236 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435)
Friday at the farmers market, 10:30 AM to 3 PM
- Trash can be dumped at the dumpster provided on the south side of Elk’s Park.
- Tag your photos with #keeptellurideclean
- COVID Guidelines:
- Wear a mask
- Use rubber gloves when picking up other people’s trash
- Maintain social distancing with others on the trail
- Don’t put yourself in unnecessary harm or health dangers to pick up trash
Friday, July 17 – Jud Wiebe Trail
- Meet: 9 AM at the top of Oak Street at the junction of Tomboy Road
- Work: Trail bed work on the east side switchbacks of Jud Wiebe Trail
- Please bring your own snacks, lunch, sunscreen, hat, plenty of water, work gloves and rain gear!
- Volunteers need to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. Volunteers need to wear a helmet, if you don’t want to wear the USFS helmet, bring your climbing or mountain bike helmet.
- You will be required to sign a waiver prior to trail work.
- COVID protocols: please bring your own mask and your own hand sanitizer! We will work in socially distant groups of ten people or less. Please be prepared to wear your mask. Please do not join trail work if you are sick, experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
Public Trust Film Virtual Screening – FREE
Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20
- September 18, 2020 @ 9:00AM — September 20, 2020 @ 10:00PM
- RSVP at https://telluridemountainclub.networkforgood.com/events/23349-tmtc-s-virtual-public-trust-film-screening
- Join TMtC for a virtual screening of Public Trust film! This film explores how our public lands are facing unprecedented threats from extractive industries. Part love letter, part political exposé, PUBLIC TRUST investigates how we arrived at this precarious moment through the examination of three beloved public lands that are particularly at risk—a national monument in the Utah desert, a mine in the Boundary Waters and oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge—and makes a case for their continued protection.
- RSVP for this free event to receive the screening room URL and password. RSVP here.