Telluride Mountain Club Summer Events
Our 2023 summer events calendar is a work in progress. Check back often for updates!
2023 Summer Trail Work Days
Trail Work on the T-35 / Sunshine Trail – Help us build optional mountain bike specific features and improve drainage / flow
- Thursday, August 3 from 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, August 10 from 5pm to 7pm
- * Date Change *: Thursday, August 31 from 5pm to 7pm
Meet at 5pm at the start / top of the trail (off the highway in the woods). Ride your bike if possible! We will have all the tools at the worksite. If arriving late, just meet us down the trail.
Wear closed-toed, sturdy shoes. Bring gloves, water, sun protection, hat, snacks, eye protection, etc. You will be required to sign a waiver. We will see you there!
Outdoor Gear Drive
We are collecting used outdoor recreation gear that no longer serves you to redistribute to those less fortunate in the community. We will be collecting gear on May 19 & 20 at the Carhenge Parking lot in Telluride during the annual trash/recycling event. Gear will be redistributed for free on June 24th at the Community Fiesta in Telluride Town Park. Our intention with this event is to get outdoor recreation gear in the hands of folks who cannot afford it or don’t have the means to acquire it. We hope this is one small step in helping with access to public lands for more members of the Telluride community.
Gear Collection: May 19 & 20 at Carhenge Parking lot from 10am to 2pm both days
Gear Distribution: June 24th in Telluride Town Park from 1:30pm to 4pm at the Community Fiesta
TMtC Summer BBQ Membership Event
THE event of the summer! We can’t wait to see you in Telluride Town Park on Thursday, July 27th. We will have food, drinks and music. Last year’s event sold out so we recommend buying today. You can buy tickets directly here. Learn more about this event here: https://www.telluridemountainclub.org/tmtc-summer-bbq-membership-drive/.
Thursday, July 27 | 5:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Get your ticket today, last year sold out early.
2022 Summer Events
Outdoor Gear Drive
- Gear Collection: May 20 & 21 at Carhenge Parking lot from 10am to 2pm
- Gear Distribution: June 5th in Telluride Town Park from 12 to 3pm & June 6 & 7 at location TBD from time TBD
2022 Summer Trail Work Days
- June 22 from 4pm to 6:30pm – Eider to Mill Connector
- June 25 from 10am to 1pm – Eider to Mill Connector
- July 19 from 4pm to 6:30pm – T-35/Sunshine Trail
2021 Summer Events
Trail & Community Cleanup Weekends
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for our community-wide cleanup weekends. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs a little love.
- June 18-20
- July 9-11
- July 30-August 1
- August 6-8
- August 21 – Mountain Village Cleanup Day
2020 Summer Events
Thursday, August 6 through Sunday, August 9
Community-Wide Trail Cleanup Weekend
Grab your friends, family or coworkers for a community-wide cleanup weekend. Hit your favorite trail, trailhead, campground or wherever you think needs trash pickup and cleaning.
Trash bag and rubber glove pickup:
Thursday through Sunday at the visitor’s center, 9 AM to 5 PM (236 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435)
Friday at the farmers market, 10:30 AM to 3 PM
- Trash can be dumped at the dumpster provided on the south side of Elk’s Park.
- Tag your photos with #keeptellurideclean
- COVID Guidelines:
- Wear a mask
- Use rubber gloves when picking up other people’s trash
- Maintain social distancing with others on the trail
- Don’t put yourself in unnecessary harm or health dangers to pick up trash
Friday, July 17 – Jud Wiebe Trail
- Meet: 9 AM at the top of Oak Street at the junction of Tomboy Road
- Work: Trail bed work on the east side switchbacks of Jud Wiebe Trail
- Please bring your own snacks, lunch, sunscreen, hat, plenty of water, work gloves and rain gear!
- Volunteers need to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. Volunteers need to wear a helmet, if you don’t want to wear the USFS helmet, bring your climbing or mountain bike helmet.
- You will be required to sign a waiver prior to trail work.
- COVID protocols: please bring your own mask and your own hand sanitizer! We will work in socially distant groups of ten people or less. Please be prepared to wear your mask. Please do not join trail work if you are sick, experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
Public Trust Film Virtual Screening – FREE
Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20
- September 18, 2020 @ 9:00AM — September 20, 2020 @ 10:00PM
- RSVP at https://telluridemountainclub.networkforgood.com/events/23349-tmtc-s-virtual-public-trust-film-screening
- Join TMtC for a virtual screening of Public Trust film! This film explores how our public lands are facing unprecedented threats from extractive industries. Part love letter, part political exposé, PUBLIC TRUST investigates how we arrived at this precarious moment through the examination of three beloved public lands that are particularly at risk—a national monument in the Utah desert, a mine in the Boundary Waters and oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge—and makes a case for their continued protection.
- RSVP for this free event to receive the screening room URL and password. RSVP here.