Join the Peter Inglis Avalanche Education Fund on Thursday, February 9th for an array of lessons learned in the backcountry.
On tap for Thursday February 9th:
- Julie Hodson-Inglis- Peter Inglis story from AK and what we can all learn from it
- Elizabeth Lamphere from the IAN Fund- Ian’s story and Elizabeth’s takeaways
- Elyse Parcell and her story and takeaway from the 2016 HWY 550 slide
- Greg Hope and his story of an incident in the Grandfather Couloir in 2016
- Jeff Davis from the CAIC will talk about the importance of submitting observations to the CAIC, a brief how-to and chat about how he comes up with his forecasts
Thursday, February 9th
Jagged Edge Mountain Gear
Bring a camp chair and BYOB
The Peter Inglis Avalanche Education Fund was created in the winter of 2016 to help individuals with avalanche education costs via scholarships and help fund avalanche education forums, events and other proposals that positively contribute to and influence avalanche education and user awareness in the Telluride region.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship to further your learning in the backcountry, email email@example.com with details on your ask.