Open Positions with the Telluride Mountain Club
Telluride Mountain Club (TMtC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to advocate for safe, accessible, enjoyable and respectful opportunities for human-powered recreational activities in the Telluride region, through education, awareness and collaboration.
Telluride Mountain Club is seeking a full-time, year-round Operations Director. This position will shadow and learn from the current Director over the course of several months, up to a full year, to ensure a smooth and comprehensive transition and understanding of the organization. It is anticipated that this position and candidate will become the Executive Director within two years.
The current Director and Board of Directors will help the new hire understand and perform monthly tasks, provide guidance for projects, and keep them on track until they are comfortable in the position.
The Operations Director of the Telluride Mountain Club will be responsible for running the organization and keeping it in a positive community position. The Operations Director will manage day to day operations, programs, coordinate with the Board of Directors, manage staff, maintain partnerships, move projects forward, fundraise, plan and execute events, and complete administrative tasks. The Operations Director will drive strategic planning to achieve and expand the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
Qualifications & Skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, takes initiative, action-oriented
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Works independently, is creative, and has problem-solving skills
- Is highly organized, dynamic, adaptive, and collaborative
- Community member with relationship building abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will have past success with organization or project management, marketing and communications, partnerships, board or senior management coordination, and fundraising.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Programming: Trails, Via Ferrata, Climbing, PI Avy Fund
- Events: established winter and summer fundraising events, free outdoor recreation gear collection and drive, community education and awareness events
- Fundraising: maintain and grow membership donations, end of year fundraising mailer, donor relations, donor thank yous, fundraising platform management, regional grants, matching and fundraising campaigns
- Budgets & Admin: develop and maintain annual budgets, manage staff, coordinate with Board of Directors, JEDI education, manage emails, in charge of marketing and outreach, merchandise, organizational growth opportunities, maintain all organization admin, overall organization awareness
What you can expect in your first year
- 1st Quarter: getting to know the day to day operations of the organization, understanding annual calendar, getting plugged into planning and programming
- 2nd Quarter: taking over programming and operations with staff and board oversight; developing plans for fundraising; integrating into projects; becoming lead on marketing; board of directors review
- 3rd Quarter: running the organization with support as needed; growing awareness and membership donations; progressing programming and projects
- 4th Quarter: creating timelines and strategic plans for the upcoming year; managing projects and contractors; visioning for long-term planning and fundraising; board of directors review
Before applying, please read the full job description, linked here: Operations Director Full Job Description.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject: Telluride Mountain Club Operations Director. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but review will begin October 2nd, 2023. Candidates are encouraged to apply early.