July 27: Summer Membership Drive & BBQ
Mark Your Calendar for July 27 at 5:30 PM in Town Park!
It’s our annual summer membership drive and BBQ in Telluride Town Park and we hope you can join us. We’ll have food from Oak/Fat Alley, music by Bruce Hayes & Mel Kent, a silent auction, and yard games. Please come out and celebrate your “Freedom of the Hills”!
Thursday, July 27
Telluride Town Park Core
$15 Membership | $50 Family Membership
*PLEASE BRING CASH TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
We’re serving up:
Pulled Pork & Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Vegetarian Black Bean Sauté
*Bring your own plate, fork & knife to help us cut down on waste at the party!
Music by Bruce Hayes & Mel Kent
Thank You Sponsors!
Jagged Edge Mountain Gear
Telluride Bottle Works
Telluride Properties & O’Neil Stetina Group
Baked in Telluride
True North Designworks
Silent Auction & Raffle Items
Two Friday Passes to Telluride Blues & Brews Festival
One Week Heirloom Food Delivery from Gunnison River Farms & Heirloom – $150 value
Two Via Ferrata Guided Tours from Mountain Trip – $170 value
Bike Tune & Bike Rental from Box Canyon Bicycles
Patagonia Telluride Backpack and Climbing Books
Wine Assortment from Glenn Steckler
Bottle of Mezcal Vago Elote from Dylan Sloan
The Telluride Mountain Club is busy with the following current projects:
- Working to save the iconic Via Ferrata through submission of a master engineering report and obtaining professional certification for the route.
- Submitting a master trails plan to the USFS, San Miguel County and the Town of Telluride that will better serve our community and the growing region, and compliment Telluride Ski Resort’s Master Plan.
- Planning and executing trail work days in conjunction with the USFS and other entities on local multi-use trails.
- Updating local rock climbing route information to an online database.
- Anchor and protection replacements on local climbing routes.
- Providing backcountry awareness and safety events to backcountry users in the Telluride region.
- Continuing to promote the Backcountry Radio Program via the Peter Inglis Avalanche Education Fund.
- Assisting with backcountry gate protocols and real-time access updates.